Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So how do I blog?

This is going to be kind of a cheat post because I've already written 2 entries in openoffice which I shall now copy and paste for your reading pleasure.

Entry 1:
I'm writing this first blog entry sitting outside gate 58 at Changi using OpenOffice because I'm too tired to try and find out about wifi. It's going to be very short because I'm meant to be lining up to go through security but standing seems very unnecessary right now and sitting on a plane for an hour before it departs seems even more unnecessary so here I sit by and Hey! A girl with tetris leggings just joined the line! Whoever designed the leggings is either really bad or they designed it on level 9 or something because there are lots of gaps. I really hope her ringtone is one of the tetris themes. And now I'm annoyed because I can only remember two of the tetris themes.
It's probably become apparent that I don't really know how to blog. I'm guessing I'm not really meant to write down everything I see because I don't think there are too many people who want to know that the carpet here has a pattern that seriously looks like moth feelers. Maybe they thought moths wouldn't attack the carpet if it kind of looked like them. I could write down what I'm thinking but that's mostly 'I miss T'eo' and Divvies said I'm only allowed to say that once a day. Or was it once a week? I'm also thinking all the normal things like 'Oh god, what have I forgotten? I'm sure I've forgotten something but I can't think what it is. Botherbotherbother.' And now I'm realising just how different Dawson is to Benjie because that's the fifth time I've hit the up button instead of shift.
Well, there's no line now so I may as well get up before I really start rambling. Any constructive criticism will be appreciated unless it recommends not mentioning reptiles.
Hugs
I miss T'eo 

Entry 2:
Well I'm still on open office so I'm not sure if this will end up being part of my first blog entry or if I will be bothered to make it separate. You probably know by now but I'm still in the dark! I don't know if I've been suffering the effects of being at a high altitude or if I'm just tired but I'm afraid I don't have a magnificent tale to tell about walking up to Tiger's Nest this morning which most of my colleagues do. I, sadly, had a nasty headache and I didn't want to go to Tiger's Nest with a headache because I would be all cross and wouldn't enjoy it.

The drive from Paro to Thimphu was lovely and there were some very polite road signs that said 'Inconvenience Regretted' and others that simply said 'Thanks.' I'm not sure what the inconvenience was or what I was being thanked for but it was still very nice of them. I just won't tell my mom that there was an overturned car on the road at one point but no one was in it so I'm sure everything was just fine.(update - the driver walked away with minor injuries)

Going back to yesterday, the flight in was everything that had been promised. The only problem with it was that it was much too short. I would recommend an aisle seat for mom. And, not through lack of trying, the chillies have not quite made my head explode. I was very careful about breathing though, as they were certainly capable of making me have a coughing fit to rival the one I had during St Nicholas.

And if Ethan is reading this – there are 3 ukuleles here! I'm the least proficient but at least the uke is invading Bhutan! I realised that I probably should have got extra strings and learned how to replace them but I'm sure I can fashion something out of yak hair if I manage to break one. Or I'll only play song which don't require that string. The yak hair option will probably be easier.


Well, those were my first tries and now off to dinner!
Hugs and I still miss T'eo

2 comments:

  1. Even if it is your first try Arwen, I found it very interesting. You have a friendly, familiar writing style which made me imagine I was sitting next to you looking at the carpet. (I wonder how many people glanced at their carpet at that point).
    Hope you don't get too many headaches, because we cowards are all waiting to hear about the real adventure stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant writing. I wonder where you got the skill.
    Bought some ponies on the way home from Stonecutters and gave some to T'eo this afternoon, to his pleasure. I have now also read your blog to him. He was not satisfied with the limits on statements of missage, but I told him he must comply, lest I start buying medium ponies as punishment.
    There could be one adverse result from the standard of your blogging: Mathilde might resume in May.
    Bought Travacalm, which we can share, as James Craig is leaving on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete