Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick post

Yesterday we left Thimphu and headed off into the wild, green yonder.  I was one of the few, actually one of the two, I think, who actually got to see their placements/accommodation.  Most people had a civilised 3 hour journey to Punakha.  Andrea, Senge and I with the greatest driver in Bhutan, set off for Kabesa and then to my Bjishong school.  Senge and I were very kind and did not sing all the way.  I was very kind and made sure I took my travacalm at least an hour before leaving.  The Kabesa school is beautiful and shiny and new.  Senge was told by the principal that his house (which isn't quite finished yet) is 1.8 metres from the school.  Not quite right.  There should be a 'ki' and a 'lo' added somewhere in that statement. 
After a long, windy, unsealed and absolutely stunning drive we reached the Gasa and the Bjishong school.  It is so amazingly gorgeous up there!!!!  And my quarters are much bigger and more luxurious than I was expecting.  I even get a bed!  I thought I was just going to put my mattress on the floor.  The only minor, tiny problem is, speaking of mattresses, I don't know where mine is.  Or my stove.  Apparently they were hidden for safety in a very sensible and secure place.  I just have no idea where that is.  I couldn't stay in Gasa last night as I couldn't cook, didn't have a mattress and mu wood stove's chimney wasn't attached so I would have starved, froze and got a bad back if I had stayed but neither Senge or I were planning on staying at our homes as we don't need to be there for a little while and nobody would really be at our schools.  Hopefully I'll return tomorrow though, as some BCF teachers want to see Gasa before first semester starts and since there are no hotels in Gasa at the moment, my quarters will act as one for now.
If we do go up tomorrow it will mean that I probably won't have internet for about a week so many hugs to all, fair winds to the sailors and I miss T'eo.

No comments:

Post a Comment